Tuesday

Cancer Strikes Close To Home

     I called my best friend last week about my mom being in the hospital, and found out that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. We don't talk often so the news came as quite a shock to me. She informed me she was having surgery the next week.

     I waited anxiously to hear how the surgery went, days passed and no word. I wanted to give her space but was very worried inside. I sent her a note with a card and waited.

     Finally she responded. The surgery went very well and tests were done to see if the cancer had spread elsewhere. It hadn't. She said she has to have radiation treatment for the next six months as a precaution but no chemo.

     Now I can relax. By the way, my mom also is better and home today from the hospital.

0 comments:

 

©2009Topsie Curvey | by TNB