Thursday

FINDING A BRA THAT FITS


There is a formula to determine your proper bra size, if you are lucky enough to have small or medium size breasts. All you need to measure them are a measuring tape and to be wearing a good fitting bra.What if you don't have a proper fitted bra to begin with? Ladies that's when you're out of luck. The cup measurement is supposed to come from putting the measuring tape around the fullest or nipple part of your breast, while they are proudly standing at attention. However, with a large breast and ill fitted bra they either are squished so that parts of them hang over the top and sides of the bra, or they are still hanging and therefore more flattened onto your tummy. Either way the measurement will be false, and you will end up yet again buying another ill fitted bra. Realizing this, one day I came up with the bright idea that if I bent over and measured them while they were hanging down to the ground and trying to walk away, that I would get an accurate measurement. This turned out to be a very bad idea. First of all I felt like a dairy cow and could almost picture someone trying to milk me. Secondly, gravity was at work with a vengeance and made the measurement too large.The answer to this problem is you can't measure yourself for a proper fitted bra. You will have to go to a bra store, start at some cup size you think might fit, and try them on. Two reasons I suggest a store that specializes in bras is because, regular stores with bra departments usually don't carry anything over a DD or a DDD. The second reason is that the salesladies are trained usually to be able to determine whether you have a proper fit or not. I know it can be embarrassing but it's worth the temporary humiliation. How do you know what size cup to start with? I have a trick, when no one is looking I place the bra cup on my head, and if I can wear it for a hat, then it's a good place to start. One more thing, the large bras will cost you large bucks. Could be about three or four times what a regular size bra would cost, but if it is a well made strong support it's well worth it.

0 comments:

 

©2009Topsie Curvey | by TNB